This page gives an overview of what is required in terms of documentation for the achievements claimed in the self-assessment section of your application form.
You will not be required to upload any documents to support your self-assessment with your application form. Instead you will be contacted at some point after applications close when you can start uploading them. Oriel will not be used for evidence documents and this will be done via a separate system, with login details given when you are contacted.
The anticipated dates when evidence will be required to be uploaded are published in the 'Interview dates & posts' section of each specialty's page. Please note that you will need to load documents separately for every specialty to which you have applied, and specialties may have different dates for uploading.
All candidates are advised that they must have documentary evidence available from the time of application for all achievements for which they score themselves. It is advised to ensure you have access to all your documents when you apply to avoid complications later in the process.
Evidence requirements and tips
Interviewers will need to verify your evidence in a short time so please keep the below in mind when organising the evidence you will upload, as poorly organised/presented documents may mean achievements cannot be verified.
- Only evidence supporting each of the claimed achievements should be uploaded. There is no requirement to upload any additional documents or achievements if they are not directly related to the scoring domain where points are being claimed.
- Only sufficient evidence should be provided to justify the scores awarded; the application scoring area of the website gives examples of documents that could be used for each domain. Only include enough evidence to demonstrate achievements which justify your selection. For example:
- If you have completed a national presentation, you should not include evidence for other presentations.
- If you have written a book, you do not need to upload the whole book, just sufficient pages so interviewers can verify your achievement.
- Evidence of training courses or areas noted in your commitment to specialty section should not be included unless they specifically relate to a scored option.
- Applicants must ensure patient-identifiable data is redacted as this may result in their employing trust being notified.
- Any documentation not in English must be translated for credit to be received.
- File types – only files in PDF, JPEG or PNG format are likely to be accepted by the upload system.
- There may be a limit on the number of documents you can upload for each domain so you may need to amalgamate evidence for a domain into one or two files; it will be confirmed if this is the case when you are requested to upload evidence.
- When evidence is loaded, it needs to be tagged to the domain(s) to which it pertains. For example, if you have a presentation for which you have been awarded a prize, you can upload the presentation evidence once and tag it under both domains.
Guidance will be issued with any request for evidence documentation to be uploaded.